Curious about C-Pace in Bernalillo County? The new program is now available!
Innovate Energy New Mexico, a women-owned, local business, has been selected as the C-PACE program administrator for Bernalillo County. Want to see an overview of the program and its requirements? Read on for more!
BERNALILLO COUNTY C-PACE PROGRAM GUIDELINES
- Property located within the boundaries of Bernalillo County
- Applicant is Property Owner of record and in good standing with the County Assessor’s office
- Nonresidential except for multifamily properties with 5+ units
- Renewable energy improvement dollar amount is <40% of the assessed property value
- Savings to Investment Ratio (SIR) 0
- Ability to obtain mortgage lender consen’
SOLAR CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS
- Portfolio of at least ten (10) commercial solar installations within sixty 60 miles of Bernallllo County in the last five (5) years
- GB-98 and EE-98 licenses
C-P ACE LENDER REQUIREMENTS
- Certified by Financial Institutions Division (FID) as a solar energy improvement financing institution
BASIC C-PACE PROJECT WORKFLOW:
- Solar Contractor fills out a Contractor Application to become an approved C-PACE contractor and pays $200 application
- IENM provides approval or rejection letter to Solar
- Solar Contractor, Property Owner and Lender work together to fill out C-PACE Project Application and supporting documents, pay $100 Project Application
- IENM provides approval or rejection letter to contractor, property owner and C-PACE lender.
- Approved projects move forward with the construction and commissioning of the renewable energy
- Lender notifies IENM for each draw made, no more than 90% of the contract amount may be dispersed prior to Project Completion.
- Lender records Certificate of Levy and Lien of Special Assessment with Bernalillo County Treasurer and Clerk’s
- Solar Contractor submits C-PACE Project Completion form and supporting documentation to IENM and pays Program Administration fee (2% of contract amount).
- IENM issues Completion Letter to Solar Contractor, Property Owner and
- Final draw may be issued to Solar